Oy Vey Wrap Up, Friday The 13th

Mitt Romney wants an apology from the Obama Campaign for allegations about Bain Capital, which he calls, “reckless and absurd.”

Of course, the Romney Campaign is the authority when it comes to recklessness and absurdity, since they long ago partnered with Donald Trump, who still likes to make a big damn deal about where President Obama was born. Even as this story is still unfolding, we don’t ever expect an apology from the Romney Campaign about Birtherism being nothing more than thinly cloaked race baiting, since we’ve come to expect that kind of behavior from spoiled assholes.

Speaking of idealism, “Newsroom” is headed for its 4th episode. Last week, Aaron Sorkin seemed to finally get a handle on the show. The back-stories settled down, the conflicts weren’t all over the place, and the show clicked. For the first time in my life, I’ve fallen prey to “Must See TV.”

We have a ritual.

I meet-up with my parents for dinner. Mom makes a salad, which she sneaks behind my back, since I’ve been asking for her recipe. Dad fires-up the grill. We eat. Dad drinks.

After dinner, we take a stroll to the local ice cream stand for gelato. Then we settle-in for the kind of news coverage every rational person in America wishes we’d had the privilege of watching two years ago, where the show is set, in the very recent, incredibly infuriating past.

I want to thank Mister Sorkin. Thank you, Mister Sorkin. I’m beginning to love your ambitious show.

For a while, it seemed like you were going to prove a show that isn’t interested in ratings is doomed to swallow it’s own medicine. But you snookered me.

We have a ritual. And I love it. Thanks, Aaron. (I can call you Aaron here, since it’s my blog. And I can pretend I’m important enough.)

Speaking of a false sense of being tapped-in, Sarah Palin thinks Condi would make a “wonderful vice president,” even though Condi is pro-choice and Sarah Palin believes poor women in need of abortions should “suck it up,” which is as American as apple pie with a dick in it.

Michelle Obama was threatened by a DC Cop. He even took a picture of the gun he bragged about using. It’s time to create the “Ted Nugent Unstable Asshole Award.” The recipient should be visited by the secret service, once a week, for three lifetimes. The recipient should be followed by The Silly String Paparazzi. All day long, The Silly String Paparazzi should shoot the recipient with Silly String. And uploads pictures to TMZ. The recipient should feel free to go anywhere they please, during the course of the day. But at the end of the day, the recipient should be required to pleasure Ruth Madoff while rocking out to Damn Yankees.

It’s Friday The 13th, and this is certainly your lucky night when it comes to televised guest appearances. That is, of course, if you happen to be an unconvicted felon with presidential entitlement issues.

This entry was posted in The CC "News to Send Your Friends & Frenemies" and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Oy Vey Wrap Up, Friday The 13th

Romney will be proven to have lied. So what? They all lie, and we all know, they all lie. He’s rich. He makes crazy money and people appreciate that. We all want to be one of them; the crazy priviledged rich famous people group. They have the best parties.

• Khate says:

Mike,Whether the Republican Party always was or now is “unattractive to 90% of the Blacks” and/or “seen as a falirue” in some existential sense, it is not attractive to Blacks in its present form.’Yeah I know I butchered it but I am trying to make a point here. You and I can go back and forth about what how the Republican Party got into the position of being viewed in this manner but as I pointed out before the fact is this is the perception today among not just Blacks but a lot of other Americans. I understand your strategy of reaching out to Americans as a whole. But let’s look at it this way. A family has several children and the parents are reaching out to the family as a whole. But one of the kids has gone through a traumatic experience, rape/molestation, and while it was no fault of the parents that child feels a loss of trust because they didn’t or couldn’t protect him. Even though the parents did nothing wrong there is going to have to be some special reach out to that child from the entire family. Now I hope you don’t try to analyze my analogy too much but try to see the point I am making. Which is for whatever reason that trust has been lost and while the concern of the American people should be the first concern some outreach needs to happen.Black In America Baby…….The revolution has been televised………

2. patrick H says:

What is up with the sillystring picture.

3. Don says:

It’s time for everyone to come clean. It’s time for a picture of Babs and Frank, recent. It’s time for Edwardo Ross’ picture to be posted up. I want to know what Edwardo does for a living. I imagine he is some kind of commodities broker; making the things we need more expensive by speculating. I want to know what Joey paid in taxes last year and if he is in fact gay, as I imagine he is; not that there’s anything wrong with that.

I want to know where the fucking radio show is?

I want to know why Babs doesn’t write a blog about being a mother of two big babies. I want to know how Brutally Frank got so rich. I want to know if he is interested in adopting another grown child. I want to see a close up shot of Joey’s toes; I think he has a bad foot fungus from standing in leather shoes in the kitchen all day and taking limited showers weekly.

I want to see a picture of Joey’s culinary degree; not one made-up, real, with a seal on it. I want to have a link to where I can buy Greg’s book. I want to see a video of Joey cooking at Max’s deli and one of Greg doing whatever the fuck he does. I want to read a letter from all of your therapists explaining your current dilemmas.

I want. I want. I want. Give me, cause I need. I need. I need.

I used to wonder about “the fucking radio show.” I missed doing it. Still do. But we didn’t get picked up. The opposite happened: we got sued by the station, after I’d spent a ton of my own dough, and helped to build an audience, on both Saturday and Sunday, from scratch. Listen, sometimes it doesn’t happen. No matter how much you want it to happen. It just doesn’t.

Einstein said, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing, over and over, expecting a different result.” I think Einstein was wrong. The definition of chutzpah is doing the same thing, over and over, expecting a different result.

But sometimes you need a break, to go on bike rides and make rent and pay-off your legal bills and forgive yourself, before you try the same damn thing, over and over. Thanks, Don.

4. Sheila says:

I have been reading your blog for a long time. My only criticism is that you don’t do more posts. I do Like what Don says, that would be interesting. Very interesting.

But, like, I check it out all the time, every day. And nothing is new.

I’ll try to write more. But it’s hard. Sometimes it feels like I’m forcing a turd instead of letting the urge overtake me to sit down and say something worthy of your time, Sheila. Thanks for dropping by. And reading. And taking the time to comment.

• Ali says:

Mike“More Republicans as a percentage, voted for the Civil Rights Act” The Civil rihtgs act was actually a Bi-partisan effort, the split was not along party lines but in regions, North and South. While it is true as a percentage more Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act the ones that didn’t were from the South. Just as among the Democrats the ones who were against the CRA were from the south. After the signing of the CRA ,of which Barry Goldwater voted against, “Dixiecrats” started to move to the Republican party coerced by Richard Nixon’s southern strategy, which was to realign the southern states to red states. The Republicans went after the south and welcomed the ”Dixiecrats” with open arms and lost the majority of the Black vote. This strategy was continued by both Reagan and Bush. I will stop short of saying they used race to win elections, let’s just say it didn’t look good. This is the image the Republican party has to shake not just among Black voters you right it should be all inclusive. Yes MLK was a republican but I wonder if he would be one today.Black in America Baby……..the revolution has been televised

5. Steve says:

It’s because the government hijacked the site. They see that I am associated with this site and they are targeting it for a shut down. To help Greg out, I will leave the site.

• Big Brother says:

Too Late. You can run. You can hide. But you’re running and hiding is tracked.

• Mspoo says:

I think Bachmann will surprise alot of pelope coming out of the gate in Iowa and I also think she can raise enough money to sustain a campaign as long as she wants to be in the race. If she is top3 in Iowa watch out cause she will be bringing it the rest of the way.

6. Ed says:

I am a maker of dreams. The dream to your fantasies. The illusion all of your women hope for. The end to the game. The money that you will never have. I am GOD.

I’d like a refund. My dream sucks.

It’s taking too long. I’m tired of watching less talented, less capable, less interesting, bigger bullshit artists get all the glory.

You’re an asshole, Ed.

Meet me on the beach at dawn. I’ll show you the ultimate illusion: the face of God. Guess what? When you need Him the most, He looks the other way.