To Hell With “Game Change!”

Tried writing about “The Artist.”

But what is there to say about a silent movie where tap dancing speaks to the soul of forgiving yourself? All I could think to say was you’re an idiot if you miss seeing a silent movie in 2012.

Tried writing about “Game Change.”

But what is there to say about an HBO Movie which actually creates sympathy for Sarah Palin? All I could think to say was Woody Harrelson shouldn’t have bothered with this piece of crap. Have some dignity, Woody. You don’t have to stoop. You were in “Zombieland.”

Watched an episode of “Chopped.”

Never thought I’d enjoy a show on The Food Network. But I was wrong. All I could think, the entire time I was watching, was how do I get my brother on this show?

Joey is an imaginative chef with a flair for respecting simplicity. Plus, he’s naturally funny. Can anyone help get my brother on “Chopped?” Please and thank you.

Caught Chris D’Elia doing stand-up in West Hollywood at The Improv.

In case you don’t know the name Chris D’Elia, he plays the boyfriend on “Whitney,” a show starring Whitney Cummings. She’s great. She’s always great. But Chris D’Elia is the show’s break-out star.

Also, his stand-up is hilarious.

Reached a point where I’m tired of watching. I’m in the mood for doing. I’m in the mood for getting back on stage, seeing where it takes me. In my case, since I’m not trying to memorize lines, or fool the audience into thinking I’m someone I’m not, I wouldn’t call it Game Change.

I’d call it Game On.

This entry was posted in Tears & Popcorn and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to To Hell With “Game Change!”

1. James says:

0 Comments. 0 Readers. 0 Talent. Woody Harrelson might not need to stoop. But you can’t go any lower. Can you, Greg?

• Ida says:

LOL listen to the PC pcloie. I’m black and have no problem with the so-called stereotypes. Newsflash it’s TV, people. I’m sure Garrett Morris is happy to be getting a paycheck, as is the Asian actor who plays the owner.Once again the hipper-than-thou cry about the laugh track. Enough with the ironic hipster shit. Laugh tracks give the jokes ROOM TO BREATHE. Everybody’s not as SUPER-INTELLIGENT as you clearly are.The leads are appealing, especially Kat Dennings and her boobs. Humor is a bit low-brow, but after Two and a 1/2 Men, what isn’t?Tell you what, stick to Portlandia and keep waiting for the Arrested Development movie. The rest of us will enjoy 2 Broke Girls.

2. Sally says:

I love Chopped. It’s the best show on The Food Network. Joey would be a lot of fun to watch. We used to sit at the bar on Saturday Mornings and watch him crank out the food. His passion was always on display.

3. Roger Krantz says:

“Game Change” was a great book but a terrible show. It’s not usually interesting to watch a drama when you already know exactly how things unfold and how things end up. I wouldn’t call it propaganda. But they only people who could possibly enjoy it are the folks on the left who aren’t ready to let go of their favorite past-time: hating Sarah Palin. I understand, she’s certainly deserving of their ire. But there’s nothing to learn by reflecting on her time in the spotlight besides realizing their are people who are in love with being in the spotlight for no other reason than the attention. By the way, I didn’t get “The Artist.”

4. Henry says:

Loved The Artist. Avoided Game Change. Obsessed with Chopped. Dislike Whitney but think Whitney Cummings is a hilarious roaster (one of the best ever). Hate James. What’s your problem? Seriously? You only seem to comment when you can be first and say something personally offensive. Get a life!

• Camila says:

Agree with most of the comments here. The two leads are great, the show itelsf, not so much. Their talents are being wasted in a mediocre show. I wanted to like this show, but the writing is just so bad. What is it with sitcoms these days??? Why must the scripts consist of nothing but one-liners?How do so many lousy writers get these jobs writing such lousy comedy? It’s no wonder people flock to unscripted television over this schlock. If they would just concentrate on character and plot, this show could be enjoyable.

Enjoyed The Artist, found Palin a tiny bit sympathetic, loved Whitney Houstons gorgeous voice, don’t know who Whitney Cummings is, and don’t give any importance to mean-spirited Jimmy!

• Andri says:

Game Change was a great book but a terrible show. It’s not usulaly interesting to watch a drama when you already know exactly how things unfold and how things end up. I wouldn’t call it propaganda. But they only people who could possibly enjoy it are the folks on the left who aren’t ready to let go of their favorite past-time: hating Sarah Palin. I understand, she’s certainly deserving of their ire. But there’s nothing to learn by reflecting on her time in the spotlight besides realizing their are people who are in love with being in the spotlight for no other reason than the attention. By the way, I didn’t get The Artist.

Love Babs, she’s got my back, always. Appreciate Henry, who appreciates Whitney Cummings, who’s a funny as shit comic. Respect Roger, even though he didn’t get “The Artist.” Agree with Sally, and think my brother belongs on “Chopped.” Love James, my haters don’t know it, but they’re blowing on the hot coals of my ambition.
    :love:

• Jose says:

Two Broke Girls is one of the sitcom hlhhiiggts of the season so far. Considering the dreadful crop of new shows this years, that might not be that much of an achievement. Hopefully, TBG will continue to improve, but needs to go with a live studio audience instead of the laugh track (how 1950s).TBG relies too heavily on lazy stereotypes the wise-cracking old man (Morris), the driven Asian (owner), the salacious Russian (cook), the streetwise but poor waitress (Dennings), and the heiress with a heart of gold (Behrs). Behrs really needs to work on her voice it is increasingly annoying to listen to her. And can we get Garret out from behind the cash register desk, or is he disabled?