3 Presidents, 1 Podium

A funny thing happened on the way to the kitchen last Monday. I walked past the den and on my new 42 inch high definition TV was our President, and our two former Presidents, at a press conference. They were pitching aid to Haiti. I made a few observations.

Dubya spoke first and however uneloquent I remember him, he was worse. He did not have his swagger and kind of kept looking around to make sure he was in his assigned spot. He stumbled and stammered more than I remembered and then summed up his pitch with a plea for cash. Kinda like this: “Heh, heh, we need cash. I know, I know, you wana send stuff but heh, heh, we need cash, send cash.”

Willy was on his game and said all the right things: “You all know I have been working in Haiti with my foundation and we have been making great progress. You know my foundation is committed to bringing the resources necessary to lift Haiti out of poverty and into prosperity. This minor setback will not deter the efforts of my foundation. We need your help to overcome this disaster and get back on track so my foundation can continue it’s good work and achieve that which no other organization or foreign nation has been able to achieve over the last 200 years.” Clinton was on his game!

President Obama was president Obama. Hugging his buddy-former-presidents and explaining how they would head up a task force to raise money to get the aid that Haiti needs and deliver it to Haiti. He was busy with health care, jobs and two wars so he needed their help – and, oh yah – he had to figure out what else he could take out of the new health care reform bill to get it through the upcoming 59 majority Senate. No problem, just hit the delete key a few more times and voila, Health Care Reform that Insurance companies can believe in…and that will pass The Senate.

What I really noticed was the looks Dubya was giving to President Obama and vise-versa. Dubya had this smile on his face and his body language was saying, “Not so easy, is it?” You thought you were going to walk in and sweet talk your way out of every situation. You thought you were going to do this Team Of Rivals Thing, putting Republicans in your cabinet and on your staff and that would unify everybody, and end partisan politics. You thought your approval ratings were headed for the moon, “Not so easy, is it?”

President Obama had a look on his face that said, “Ok, ok. So I’ve had a few setbacks. So maybe I can’t just smile and sweet talk my way to stardom. Maybe I will have to give them a little soft shoe. But I’ll geter done. Has anybody seen my blankey? I need my blankey…”

To be Brutal, to be Frank, Dubya made the most sense on that platform. He was not eloquent. He did not look comfortable. But he said what had to be said and he goter done: “Heh, heh, we need cash.” Maybe President Barack Obama can learn from Dubya. Learn to trade some of the fluff for substance and start getting things done without his Team Of Rivals.

Back to you, Greg.

This entry was posted in Brutally Frank. Bookmark the permalink.

0 Responses to 3 Presidents, 1 Podium

What I’m noticing is that Obama is providing us with a 9th year of Bush/Cheney.

last week was the kind of week that can make you cynical and hopeless, which was the strategy of bush/cheney. hope is a difficult strategy to execute. maybe it’s best left for dr. seuss.

3. vinVegas says:

Bush won. Clinton lost. Obama is losing.

Bush got everything accomplished that he wanted (except privatization of SS). He rightfully deserved to have that “Mission Accomplished” sign on the aircraft carrier.

His final goal was achieved as the Supreme Court handed our government over to big corporations.

Frank is right, Obama can learn from Bush. But he’s trying to be Bill, a loser.

Back to you, Greg.

to be brutal, to be frank, the supreme court can suck it.

5. John the Lover says:

If you want a sweet talker someone to get nothing done, vote democrat.

If you want a president that works tough, talks tough and gets shit done, vote Republican.

OMG John the nonlover is back again. Talking trash about overspending, corporate Repubs! How can one guy be so uninsightful and dumb?

sounds about right, as much as i hate to admit it.

8. John the Lover says:

Why the names, Babs?

Am I dumb when your president agrees tht tax cuts are the way to go?

Am I uninsightful as your president calls the democrats pussies who “run for the hill?”

I know, I know, it sucks being a democrat and losing even after you won the house and the senate. Face it, democrats are not leaders, don’t have any real plan and are limp whimps that have derailed our country.

So who is really dumb and uninsightful, me, or you?

Can’t talk to a man who isn’t listening
    And this man only has 1 point of view-like most wing nuts
    win lose or draw-the best thing about most dems is their ability to see the other point of view and have some compassion for their fellow man and want better for all-not just corporations! hard to do but wonderful to try! 1 year after 8 years
    of horrible policies that wrecked this country and you think Dems have derailed this country? get over it you dummy!!

10. John the Lover says:

Babs,

I have been reading this blog for a little while now. It amuses me. I have yet to see anyewhere on this blog where any of you liberals can “see the other point of view.” Never. Not once.

I challenge you to point it out.

If you could see my point of view, and understand it, you would be met with a moment of enlightenment, you’d then agree with me, and you would be awoken, and find youself refreshed and calm.

Go ahead, I challenge your to prove me wrong.

I guess you don’t really read BrutallyFrank
    You just spout off-no solutions just talking points! Do you understand BF position on Employee Free Choice Act, which helped get Greg get kicked off Saturday radio because
    it’s a labor station? Have you seen any of his rants on Eisenhower or Nixon-2 of his favorite Presidents? You guys talk the talk but don’t walk the walk. Just say no-with no solutions-because you don’t have any. If you make less than $100,000 and y our a Republican-your a dummy!

12. John the Lover says:

So, are you saying that only the rich are smart?

Not supporting unions doesn’t mean you understand my positions.

Liking Nixon, I don’t even know what to do with that one. So Frank was for clandestine snooping? I did not read that post, to be fair. EisenWHO?

I’m talking about modern day Republican platform issues and beliefs. You know what I am talking about. So, show me that you understand my point of view, like you claimed.

That should be simple enough.

13. John the Lover says:

by the way Greg, I did listen to your show this weekend. I did like it. I found it entertaining. I think that sometimes there is too much talking over each other, but it was fun to listen to.

14. John the Lover says:

But the talking over each other probably can’t be helped with liberals. You all come from too much emotion. I imagine that the same thing happens when the Dems in Washington get together and that’s why they have not clear message, …ever.

15. DeeDee says:

Why do y’all bother with this guy? He has no solutions and doesn’t understand how to think for himself. Only thing he does worthwhile is leisten to your show.

16. John the Lover says:

DeeDee,

Give me your solutions.

I do have solutions, thanks for asking. Here they are:
    1. Stop giving money away. It is breaking the back of our country and of all us hard working tax payers. All the people on SSI that collect money for nothing (I’m not talking about people who REALLY NEED IT – I MYSELF KNOW MANY WHO ABUSE THIS THING) all the people on welfare, food stamps, if we pay them, they must work for it. There you go.
    2. Institute a flat tax. Corporations around the world would flood out country and we would get millions of jobs.
    3. Start a draft. Everyone has to go for three years after highschool.
    4. Eliminate all of the social programs as they are just wasted. Make people register for working programs.
    5. Eliminate the capital gains taxes, and everyone will prosper and investments will soar.
    6. Set a target date for the end of Social Security. Wind it down. It is going to bankrupt us. Yes, it once served a function, but in the new world economy, it is a bust. Our government can’t compete like this. Look at China, they don’t have it.

17. BrutallyFrank says:

I am sure there is a place in this world that functions with a strong ecomony according to your rules. Good luck finding your way. By the way, those are all just ‘talking points’ just like ‘seperate but equal’ … The real right which is about 5% of the top earners use these points to recruit support. Your just a tool for the top 5% … The real Republicans. Read ‘Family of Secrets’ by Russ Baker if you want to truly understand the Republican Party and what makes them tick.

18. John the Lover says:

With repsect, Mr. Frank, I disagree with what you are saying.

First, the phrase “talking points” was a left “talking point” used to try and pin all conservatives under one umbrella. So, as you criticze me, you are using leftist talking points.

A flat tax is not a republican “talking point” or part of the overall agenda. It is more libertarian. I think it works. I suggest you read “the Fair tax handbook” by Neal Boortz.

And why am I just a tool? Are you not just a left tool then? Do you have some real say over the dems? More than I have as a republican? Ithink you and all the dems need to re-think how you characterize republicans. You vilify us with a blanketing stroke and with “talking points” from your leaders.

Back to you, Frank.

From Wikipedia,

A talking point is usually compiled in a short list with summaries of a republican agenda for public or private engagements. The church, for example, sometimes prepare “talking points memos” for the right to help them more effectively conform public presentations.

Fox will often strategize the most effective informational attack on a target topic and launch talking points from the right in order to frame a debate in their favor, standardizing the responses of sympathizers to their conservative cause. When used by Becky Glen, for example, the typical purpose of a talking point is to speak on behalf of the lord jesus christ our savyor, specifically using the techniques of Pop Jon Paul the poo poo head.

20. John the Lover says:

Jojo,

Here is the actual definition, of course minus your add ons. You are a joke. Funny, sure. Misleading…very.

Here is the ENTIRE definition:

A talking point is a neologism for an idea which may or may not be factual, usually compiled in a short list with summaries of a speaker’s agenda for public or private engagements. Public relations professionals, for example, sometimes prepare “talking points memos” for their clients to help them more effectively conform public presentations with this advice.

21. John the Lover says:

As I stoop down and try and engage all of you liberals, you are far from being honest, forthecoming or even trying to udnerstand where my side is at.

By the way, do you get your recepies from Wiki?

22. BrutallyFrank says:

The reason you are a tool is your ideas will benefit 5% of the population not including you. My ideas will benifit 95% of the population including me. We all have talking points but mine are mine and yours are given to you by the top 5%. To sum it up you are a tool of the right … plain and simple … The end.

I’m brutally tanked by Brutally Frank.